Some collaborative family practice teams may include a pharmacist who meets with patients about the medications they have been prescribed.
A PHARMACIST CAN:
- Review medications to reduce drug interactions and possible side effects, and identify unnecessary medications.
- Adjust medication doses in partnership with your family doctor or nurse practitioner.
- Provide advice and education about medications you are taking, and discuss a drug’s benefits and risks.
- Work with the collaborative family practice team to promote safe and appropriate prescribing.
- Help with finding resources for medications not covered by Pharmacare or private health insurance.
- Communicate with your community pharmacist.
Adapted from the UBC Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Ontario Ministry of Health