Some collaborative family practice teams may include a registered dietitian who offers appointments at the practice for patients to discuss food and nutrition.
A DIETITIAN CAN:
- Provide group education sessions about diet and healthy eating, food budgeting, reading food labels, healthy weight, heart health, diabetes prevention and management, and more.
- Assess nutritional needs and provide advice.
- Support patients to develop a healthy relationship with food and eating.
- Help to manage health conditions through food choices.
- Find resources in the community that offer affordable or free food options.
- Provide advice for new parents on infant and toddler feeding.
- Counsel patients on eating disorders.
Adapted from Dietitians of Canada