Administrative staff are key to the day-to-day operation of a collaborative family practice team.
- Welcome patients to the practice.
- Schedule patient appointments and make reminder calls.
- Contact patients about test results on behalf of a family doctor or nurse practitioner.
- Maintain health records.
- Process referrals to other health professionals.
- Verify patients’ contact information and health card number.
- Compile information as part of practice quality improvement initiatives.
- Manage office and medical supplies.