A registered nurse working as part of your collaborative family practice team has additional training in primary health care.
A REGISTERED NURSE CAN:
- Help manage health issues such as diabetes, asthma, COPD, high blood pressure, smoking, cholesterol, and heart disease.
- Provide well-baby visits and prenatal care.
- Review patient medications.
- Perform pap tests and yearly exams.
- Provide teaching and support for healthy living on topics such as healthy eating, physical activity, mental health, and sexual health.
- Review and promote health screening.
- Provide immunizations, injections, wound care, and more.
Adapted from the Family Practice Nurses Association of Nova Scotia